RE: [vserver] Unfiied not working what am i doing wrong

From: Huibert Alblas (halblas_at_weos.de)
Date: Wed Aug 14 2002 - 09:12:18 EDT

Am Mit, 2002-08-14 um 02.16 schrieb Jason Silverglate:
> So do a maybe server build from a rh 7.3 cd and add in other rpms and use
> that? Other than that how do you build a server by hand/
>
> Thannx

Simple:

make a (minimal) directory structure:

/root /tmp /dev /var /proc /bin /sbin /lib /usr/lib ....(whatever)

and copy or link all binaries and libs you want/need.

As a rule off the Thumb:

you probably need everything in /bin /lib ,
parts of /etc /usr/bin /usr/lib /usr/sbin ,
some devicefiles in /dev (null random urandom) ,
/tmp with chomd 1777

as for everything else, you will findout whenever you need any extra's.

Need apache? ok:

find out what libs apache (httpd) needs with i.e. ldd
/usr/local/httpd/bin/httpd

and put those libs into your vserver :-)
Check httpd.conf for:

listen xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

and change to YOUR_VSERVER_IP:80

Any questions?