Re: [vserver] Kernel locks

From: Tobias Klausmann (klausman_at_tuts.net)
Date: Sun Mar 31 2002 - 15:22:50 EST

Hi!

On Sun, 31 Mar 2002, Peter Kwan Chan wrote:

> 2.4.18ctx-9 seems to be the troubling one. I am surprised that you
> didn't find any information on the mailing list. Lots of people reported
> problem running 2.4.18ctx-9(including myself). The machine will lock if
> you execute netstat.

I have been hammering two machines running vserver with netstat -
not a single lockup. A coworker reports ntp consuming all free
FDs when using ctx8 - but I have no more data on that (I'll look
into it next week). So far ctx9 has been rock solid for me.

All installations (including the ntp-lockup ones) are based on
RedHat. Interestingly, the ntp lockups happen on the main server
(i.e. ntp is not running in a vserver) and there are no "full"
vservers running on that machine, only the security contexts are
switched for selected server binaries.

Greets,
Tobias

--
The major difference between bonds and bond traders is that the bonds will
eventually mature.