RE: [vserver] vserver help

From: Wray Cason (wrayman_at_auxiliumcomputing.com)
Date: Fri Feb 15 2002 - 19:11:37 EST

> > sendmail: rejecting new messages: min free: 100
> > starting daemon (8.11.6): SMTP+queueing_at_01:00:00
> > sendmail[2458]: rejecting new messages: min free: 100
>
> I'm wondering if you're able to see the full message? Is it
> something like min free memory, disk space or something else?
> Are you low on disk space or memory or are you running quotas?
>
> > Stopping MySQL: [FAILED]
> > Shutting down kernel logger: [FAILED]
> > Starting killall: Stopping MySQL: [FAILED]
> > [FAILED]
> > Any clues?
>
> Not much I can think of here, I never could get mysql starting
> and stopping properly with needing to run it as the admin or
> mysql user.
I had the same problem with mysqld. I found that the mysql user didn't have
access to the var/run directory. It would start showing the following error
in the mysqld.log.

020215 09:33:57 mysqld started
020215 9:33:57 /usr/libexec/mysqld: Can't create/write to
file '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid' (Errcode: 2)
/usr/libexec/mysqld: ready for connections

I allowed the mysql user to write to /var/run and manually created
the /var/run/mysqld directory and now it can shut itself down properly.

--
Wray Cason "Wrayman"
Auxilium Computing