New to list

From: Roderick A. Anderson (raanders_at_tincan.org)
Date: Fri Feb 08 2002 - 13:37:57 EST

Hi,

Wanted to say hi and how happy I am that Jacques got this list up.
I've been fiddling with vserver since late November off and on and
actually have a machine running it. Two domains in vservers and one in
the main. The main server isn't the greatest solution but since the
system is located in colo about 30 miles away and I wanted to get it
online I didn't spend a lot of time figuring out a really slick setup.
   The 'vserver' advantage is I can change it pretty easily from a
remote location/login.

With that I'd like to know is if anyone has got PostgreSQL (Pg) running
in any configuration of main and vservers? I ran into a problem with -
what I thing I understand - Pg binding to all the addresses. I created
a v_postgresql init script but once I started Pg in a vserver, I
couldn't restart it in the main server. Haven't had a chance to retry
since I upgraded to the latest ctx kernel and rebooted.

   There was a short thread on the Pg list about this but I got the idea
the fix required changes to the Pg code. Not received by the Pg people
very well and Jacques says it shouldn't be a problem. Vserver should do
the 'Right' thing.

Enough rambling.

Again, Hi.
Rod

--
                      Let Accuracy Triumph Over Victory

Zetetic Institute "David's Sling" Marc Stiegler