Re: [useradd] Adding user fails in vserver

From: Thomas Preissler (Preissler_at_internetx.de)
Date: Mon Feb 04 2002 - 09:55:50 EST

* Bourque, Guillaume wrote on 04 Feb 2002:

> Hi, all you have to do is change those attribute from the root context
> wuth the chattr command..
>
> This is not a bug, but it is a really nice feature ! You can control from
> the root server what file a vserver can and can't change.
>
> Oup's I'm not sure anynore ,,,, I just did
> [root_at_vserver:v2 etc]lsattr passwd
> ------------- passwd
>
> And in that vserver I can add user using the normal adduser command.
>
> Maybe your passwd file is hardlink to a file that has some attributes that
> prevnet it to be modify !

Sorry, but you did not understand my problem:

vserver:~ # lsattr /etc/passwd

shows me this output:

------------ /etc/passwd

It is the same output as you gave me.

This are my passwd and shadow:
(Sorry for the linebreaks!)

vserver:~ # ls -l /etc/passwd /etc/shadow /vservers/vs1/etc/passwd
/vservers/vs1/etc/shadow
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2637 Nov 22 20:26 /etc/passwd
-rw-r----- 1 root shadow 1230 Dec 28 13:54 /etc/shadow
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2637 Nov 22 20:26
/vservers/vs1/etc/passwd
-rw-r----- 1 root shadow 1230 Feb 4 11:08
/vservers/vs1/etc/shadow
vserver:~ #

As you can see, the nothing abnormal with my files.

I have done a "vserver vs1 start", then a "vserver vs1 enter". I do
a ssh-connect to my own VServer as root and I want to add a user -
boom.

Greetz,
Tom