Re: cannot find init process

From: Jacques Gelinas (jack_at_solucorp.qc.ca)
Date: Thu Dec 06 2001 - 10:58:15 EST

On Wed, 5 Dec 2001 11:11:21 -0500, Christian wrote

> > All those programs are exec'ing the next one, so this is always the same
> process
> > running. So I guess the order is not significant.
>
> Duh! was to tired, exec not fork. The while-loop around the vserver would
> still work.

Attempting to just fire /sbin/init does not work. I think init sees it is not process
# 1 so act as telinit. We will have to fudge the concept of process # 1 in the kernel
so we really have on process #1 per vserver.

Jacques Gelinas <jack_at_solucorp.qc.ca>
vserver: run general purpose virtual servers on one box, full speed!
http://www.solucorp.qc.ca/miscprj/s_context.hc