[vserver] Sendmail and DNS follow up

From: Roderick A. Anderson (raanders_at_acm.org)
Date: Sun Aug 18 2002 - 22:52:53 EDT

Several days ago I asked the linuxconf list for some help with _really_
strange sendmail behavior while using vservers. I discovered the solution
but don't have a clue why it is working the way it is.

What is comes down to is I have to add a 'mail.' CNAME for the domain
pointing to the actual host that is entered as the MX record for the
domain to be able to send mail from the main server to the domain in the
vserver. The normal "don't use CNAMEs for MX records" applies when
sending mail from other systems to the domain.

This make any sense? Well it now works so I'm happy. I jsut hope when I
upgrade the vserver kernel and its networking friends it still works.

Cheers,
Rod