RE: [vserver] Newbie Question on Kernel

From: Peter Kwan Chan (peter_at_oaktop.com)
Date: Fri Aug 16 2002 - 21:00:23 EDT

Well, the two that worked right away were Celeron 800 and Celeron 1300.
The two that didn't work were Athlon 1 GHz (this one works after
correcting a "driver problem") and Pentium 4 1.6 GHz (currently waiting
for the tech to bring up the server). Of course, different versions were
used. However, they are all pretty modern processors.

They were not identical, but they were all using standard hardware (IDE
drives) and all had a working Red Hat kernel before (7.2 or 7.3).

I can't get serial access because the data center(s) that I am in
doesn't support/offer it.

I will try to custom-compile one, but I fear I may mess up (I am reading
the kernel how-tos now). In the meantime, any other pointers/hints/ideas
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Peter