Re: [vserver] upgrades with unification

From: Jon Bendtsen (jon+lvm_at_silicide.dk)
Date: Mon Aug 12 2002 - 15:16:47 EDT

Cathy Sarisky wrote:

> It never fails. I set up a bunch of vservers for clients, and then the
> requirements for one of the programs in use got upped. So I need to upgrade a
> handful of vservers. Maybe I'm being dense, but how can I upgrade them,
> without goofing up unification? I don't want to rebuild them from scratch.
> Does vunify do this? Could someone give an example? (I did vunify --help,
> but it didn't help much. :( )

I dont use unification...
But isnt it just a hardlink ?? If you replace the hardlink in the root
server,
doesnt it affect all the vservers ??
If not, you could possibly upgrade the root server, and then, in the
root server, run a script,
that unlinks (read rm's) the link, and redoes the link again as a
hardlink for all the files in all the vservers.

JonB