Re: [vserver] Vserver Problem

From: shuri_at_linuxfriends.wox.org
Date: Sun Jul 14 2002 - 17:56:30 EDT

> Perhaps if you could give some more information about your setup (what
> IP
> addresses are actually bound to the host box, which are bound to the
> vserver), that would be helpful as currently it looks like it is doing
> exactly what it is told...?

OK first The vserver got 16 Real IPS form X.X.X.1 to X.X.X.17

-Starting Spybnc on any IP Is working

Configuration File: psybnc.conf
logging to log/psybnc.log
Listening on: X.X.X.15 port 31337
psyBNC2.2.2-cBtITLdDMSNp started (PID 19338)

-Connecting to Psybnc on X.X.X.15 port 31337 Is also working

but on irc when i dns the user connect on this psybnc
the resolv is the first IP of the verver X.X.X.1 and not X.X.X.15

it supposed to resolv to the same ip the bnc is listening to

> > For eggdrop it is simply not working and error say
> > [21:19] Failed connect to Caen.FR.EU.Undernet.org (Unforseen error 1)
> > [21:19] * NO SERVERS WILL ACCEPT MY CONNECTION.
>
> Totally unrelated to the vserver issue at all; are you running identd?

about eggdrops

on the same vserver eggdrops can only be start on the first ips of the virtal
X.X.X.1
if i try with other ips for example ( set my-ip "X.X.X.13." ) the eggdrop
start but no process is running

Eggdrop v1.6.10 (C) 1997 Robey Pointer (C) 2002 Eggheads
[22:38] Module loaded: dns
[22:38] Module loaded: channels
[22:38] Module loaded: server
[22:38] Module loaded: ctcp
[22:38] Module loaded: irc
[22:38] Module loaded: notes (with lang support)
[22:38] Module loaded: console (with lang support)
[22:38] Module loaded: blowfish
[22:38] Module loaded: uptime
[22:38] Userinfo TCL v1.07 loaded (URL BF GF IRL EMAIL DOB PHONE ICQ).
[22:38] use '.help userinfo' for commands.
[22:38] Userfile loaded, unpacking...
[22:38] === MaxNet: 1 channels, 1 users.
Launched into the background (pid: 21730)

shuri_at_eclipse:~/eggdrop$ ps ax
  PID TTY STAT TIME COMMAND
    1 ? S 0:11 init [2]
 3065 ? S 0:00 /sbin/syslogd
 3071 ? S 0:00 /usr/sbin/named
 3081 ? S 0:00 /usr/sbin/pwcheck
 3228 ? S 0:00 /usr/sbin/sshd
 3239 ? S 0:00 /usr/sbin/cron
 3243 ? S 0:00 /usr/sbin/xinetd -reuse
 3244 ? S 0:01 /usr/sbin/apache
 3246 ? S 0:00 pure-ftpd (SERVER)
 7578 ? S 0:00 /usr/sbin/apache
 7579 ? S 0:00 /usr/sbin/apache
 7580 ? S 0:00 /usr/sbin/apache
 7581 ? S 0:00 /usr/sbin/apache
 7582 ? S 0:00 /usr/sbin/apache
 9563 ? S 0:00 /usr/sbin/apache
17369 ? S 0:00 /usr/sbin/sshd
17371 ? S 0:00 /usr/sbin/sshd
17372 pts/6 S 0:00 -bash
18733 pts/6 S 0:00 bash
19338 pts/6 S 0:00 ./psybnc psybnc.conf
21726 pts/6 S 0:00 bash
21734 pts/6 R 0:00 ps ax

All the ips in the virtual was test with the listen apache argument and all
was connecting from the web to the vserver

all services in the root server was start with v_SERVER scripts to bind to one
ips

all the services in the vserver ( apache , ssh ftp )is binding to one ips
also

any idea someone ?

Thx