Re: [vserver] AOLserver, PostgreSQL

From: Denis Medvedev (mdl_at_everdesk.com)
Date: Tue Jul 02 2002 - 13:15:19 EDT

> From: "Cathy Sarisky" <sarisky_at_caltech.edu>
> To: "'vserver_at_solucorp.qc.ca'" <vserver_at_solucorp.qc.ca>
> Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 09:59:51 -0700
> Subject: [vserver] AOLserver, PostgreSQL
>

> Hello!
>
> I'm about to start playing with vserver, and need to run aolserver and
> postgresql within a vserver. I wonder if anyone has tried either of these
> programs within a vserver, if they worked, and if there was anything
> special you had to do to get "normal" operation.
I tried Mandrake's postgresql from 8.2 Mandrake within vserver - works perfect.
Note: you should use MOST RECENT vserver software.
I expect no troubles with aol server also.

> Also, on a sort of related question: Can a vserver make tcp connections
> to another vserver on the same physical machine? Or to the host? I'm
> guessing the traffic goes out to the router, and then right back to the
> same physical machine?
No. The packets will, of course, be emitted to ethernet, but they will go directly to the other interface.
You can telnet from one vserver to another without going to router.

--
Sent using everdesk.com server