Re: [vserver] Virtual web hosting and XFS stuff

From: Paul Kreiner (deacon_at_thedeacon.org)
Date: Sat Apr 20 2002 - 14:07:58 EDT

George said:
> On another note, I got the 2.4.18 kernel built with XFS V1.1 and
> vserver CTX10, seems to be working ok, although I saw in the mailing
> list the following:
>
>> OK, so after some more digging, it would seem that XFS doesn't support
>> the IMMUTABLE flag, or really anything like it. Refer to:
>> http://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/mail_archive/0012/msg00073.html. The
>> source is a bit weird, quite unlike most the source of the other
>> filesystems I've seen in linux ... so vserver unification in XFS
>> probably isn't going to happen anytime soon. :-(
>>
>> _Paul K.
>
> Is this something I should be worrying about?

George, I wouldn't worry too much about it ... you'll just waste a bit more
disk space and memory (both are pretty cheap these days) by not having your
vservers' filesystems unified. I've built a couple systems using
XFS+vserver, back in the ctx6-7 days, and they work fine, just don't do any
of the vserver unification stuff, 'cause it won't behave.

_Paul K.