Re: [vserver] private server hosting

From: Jon Bendtsen (jon+vserver_at_silicide.dk)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 04:44:36 EDT

Cédric Veilleux wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have not a lot of experience with vservers, but simply from reading the
> documentation, I've found a few important drawbacks:

Experience is good. I've used it for a little month now ?? And i really
like
it. I've even told my local LUG, that i would tell them about it one
day.

> One IP address per vserver:
> An important drawback that will make a good part of your clients whine. It is
> only possible to have 1 IP per vserver. So it is not possible to use IP based
> virtual hosts in apache (required for SSL, etc..)

http://www.solucorp.qc.ca/changes.hc?projet=vserver&version=0.16#vserver%20script%20enhancement
"A vserver may operate with 0.0.0.0 as its IPROOT. This means the
vserver is allowed to use any IP it wants..."
It's a link from the front page. I havent tried it myself, i have the
IP's i need.

JonB