RE: [vserver] vserver vs. freevsd

From: John Lyons (support_at_nsnoc.com)
Date: Fri Feb 08 2002 - 07:58:43 EST

> what about vserver? it's v0.10 - that doesn't sound to me like, it has
> much development going on.

There are many more FreeVSD developers and users than vserver, but there
aren't many users of FreeVSD that are actually able to contribute to it's
development because it's such a complex package and the company behind
FreeVSD are very cautious about accepting contributions from people outside
the development group.

Vserver was developed in house some time ago to facilitate specific
development/testing tasks. It was released as open source in Oct last year,
v0.1, as a fairly coherent system. There have been 10 versions released in 4
months. That's a much better development rate than Freevsd is going through,
although I will concede FreeVSD has been around for longer.

Regards

John Lyons
DomainCity
http://www.domaincity.co.uk
support_at_domaincity.co.uk
ICQ 74187012

Please quote your account number in the subject line of all emails.
Failure to do so may result in your enquiries taking longer to process.