RE: [vserver] vserver vs. freevsd

From: John Lyons (support_at_nsnoc.com)
Date: Fri Feb 08 2002 - 07:49:29 EST

> > Stick with vserver it beats freevsd hands down for ease of use.
> ease of use, isn't enough, if it doesn't have the necessary features.
> freevsd comes with some webpage management utilities. sounds pretty
> nice.

www.webhostingtalk.com discussions on freevsd explain how poor and
restricted the web based control panel is.

Vserver doesn't have a web based admin package with it yet (I'm trying to
sort that out) but with root access to your virtual server you can easily
install webmin which has 10 times as many features as the FreeVSD control
panel.

Regards

John Lyons
DomainCity
http://www.domaincity.co.uk
support_at_domaincity.co.uk
ICQ 74187012

Please quote your account number in the subject line of all emails.
Failure to do so may result in your enquiries taking longer to process.