RE: [vserver] RE: Performance, memory, etc

From: vserver_at_fruru.com
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 16:30:00 EST

On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, Jacques Gelinas wrote:

> > will bind every single xinetd service you have enabled to that ip address.
>
> Yes but it is not needed. The vserver kernel patch handles all that. You just
> start xinetd normally in a vserver and it will attach all service to the proper
> IP. It is in fact a key feature fo the vserver project.

Would it be possible to have two/three/multiple IPv4 roots in a vserver ?
That way we could do virtual hosting per vserver.

Also, I've noticed that some applications (postgresql 7.2 :-) positively
want to bind to 127.0.0.1 which is hardcoded in the source. This doesn't
work with the current vservers.

regards,
Tycho

--
Tycho Fruru			tycho.fruru_at_conostix.com
Users' impressions of different operating systems, expressed as emoticons: