RE: [vserver] RE: Performance, memory, etc

From: Jacques Gelinas (jack_at_solucorp.qc.ca)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 15:24:55 EST

On Wed, 6 Feb 2002 15:13:46 -0500, Vlad wrote

> There is actually a flag to do this within the xinetd and bind all the
> services to a specific ip address:
>
> bind = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
>
> will bind every single xinetd service you have enabled to that ip address.

Yes but it is not needed. The vserver kernel patch handles all that. You just
start xinetd normally in a vserver and it will attach all service to the proper
IP. It is in fact a key feature fo the vserver project.

> On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, Jacques Gelinas wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 6 Feb 2002 16:15:05 -0500, Dave wrote
> > >
> > > I would be easy to write an (x)inetd wrapper similar to tcpwrappers what
> > > would invoke the virtualized service in it's vserver chroot depending on
> > > which destination ip address was requested.
> >
> > Or run xinetd in each vserver :-)

Jacques Gelinas <jack_at_solucorp.qc.ca>
vserver: run general purpose virtual servers on one box, full speed!
http://www.solucorp.qc.ca/miscprj/s_context.hc