Performance, memory, etc

From: Matthew Brichacek (mmbrich_at_ldl.fc.hp.com)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 12:43:46 EST

I was able to get 100 servers running on a machine with 511MB ram and
dual P3 933's. After about 100 servers the machine only had about 20
megs of RAM left, can a machine like this go higher? I am running a
purely proof of concept test right now and each vserver is running
apache and cron at bootup. I didn't try to get any more than 100
vservers up since I was running out of disk space fast.
Just out of curiosity, what kind of results have any of you gotten with
running a large amount of vservers on one machine? I am not so much
concerned about how they perform as I am about just getting some raw
numbers about how many vservers a machine will run.

Thanks again,

Matthew Brichacek