Re: [vserver] identd problem

From: Jacques Gelinas (jack_at_solucorp.qc.ca)
Date: Fri Aug 09 2002 - 15:08:34 EDT

On Sun, 4 Aug 2002 00:15:20 -0500, =?iso-8859-1?Q?=C9lectronique_Box_Communications?= wrote
> In answer to Shuri,
> I had the same problem of shuri to run multiple identd daemon on multiple
> vserver causing crash of the second daemon when you start 2 because they use
> both 113 port.
>
> I have no idea how to find the solution to this problem. Only run once on a
> vserver and it work but when identd is launch twice the second one cannot
> start.

I can't replicate this problem here.

> Also for the address (ip = *) shuri it is normal that everybody have access
> to the all the adresse. For the type of service you run it is quite hard to
> find the problem i had the same problem ...
>
> Anybody have any comments ideas about that can be very very appreciate and
> helpfull...

Which identd server is this ? I am currently testing with two vservers made
with redhat 7.2 and running kernel 2.4.19ctx-13 (older ctx kernel should behave
the same).

Please tell me which identd it is. This is probably the same bug reported with
kdm and other services.

Jacques Gelinas <jack_at_solucorp.qc.ca>
vserver: run general purpose virtual servers on one box, full speed!
http://www.solucorp.qc.ca/miscprj/s_context.hc