[vserver] kernel 2.4.19ctx-13 available

From: Jacques Gelinas (jack_at_solucorp.qc.ca)
Date: Wed Aug 07 2002 - 21:45:04 EDT

Ok, I got it. The vserver patch running on 2.4.19. You can get the patch
from ftp.solucorp.qc.ca/pub/vserver/patch-2.4.19ctx-13.

As usual, I am offering precompiled kernel as kernel-2.4.19ctx-3.tar.gz
(the smp version is cooking right now).

What's new. Very little. Basically moving to 2.4.19. From there we will add.
For now, ctx-13 is basically ctx-12 + the following

The s_info structure has few void pointer to allow other kernel module
to stuff private data there. Not used for now.

The system calls number moved. No big deal since the vserver utility
ajust on the fly (dynamic system call probing). So you do not need to
update anything.

powerpc support. This was tested on 2.4.18 and the changes were entered
in ctx-13. I have not tested it on 2.4.19 (no powerpc). Should work since the
patch is trivial.

Sparc support, not tested. Again, trivial.

reiserfs support for immutable attributes. Since 2.54.19, reiserfs support
extended attributes, so adding support for immutable_link was trivial.
Not tested (give a try). Unification should work normally on reiserfs now.

Check it out.

Jacques Gelinas <jack_at_solucorp.qc.ca>
vserver: run general purpose virtual servers on one box, full speed!
http://www.solucorp.qc.ca/miscprj/s_context.hc