RE: [vserver] DNS resolving problems in vserver

From: John Lyons (support_at_nsnoc.com)
Date: Wed Aug 07 2002 - 14:35:58 EDT

> > >S_CAPS="CAP_NET_RAW CAP_NET_BIND_SERVICE"
>
> I have these set and when I try to start my vservers, i see a
> message that
> says:
>
> Starting named: capset failed: Operation not permitted

Hopefully this will answer a few problems in one.

1) You need to have CAP_NET_RAW set in the conf file for the vserver in
order to have any access to the internet. Without it you won't be able to
ping anything from within a vserver. I would guess that you won't be able to
see http/pop etc on the vservers without it hence the fact that someone
couldn't contact the vservers.

2) The above error could be because you've got bind running on the host
server?

Regards

John Lyons
DomainCity
http://www.domaincity.co.uk
support_at_domaincity.co.uk
ICQ 74187012

Please quote your account number in the subject line of all emails.
Failure to do so may result in your enquiries taking longer to process.