Re: [vserver] Kernel help

From: Darryl (engled_at_trillion21.com)
Date: Wed Jul 31 2002 - 16:08:47 EDT

At 11:46 AM 7/29/02 -0700, you wrote:
>On Mon, 29 Jul 2002, Darryl wrote:
>
> > I have a copy of my lilo.conf below and I did run /sbin/lilo after making
> > the changes. I ran rdev and got "/dev/sda5 /" so I think I have it set
> > right in lilo. It will still boot the vmlinuz-2.4.7-10smp Kernel.
>
>You need to mkinitrd and create an img file file since you're using SCSI.
>Check the list archives since I seem to remember asking this same
>question. I don't have the actual commands handy but I know it works
>since I did it on a SCSI system.
> If you don't find it in the archives check out google. I found some
>thing using 'mkinitrd example'.
>
> > image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.18ctxsmp-12
> > label=vserver
>
>Then add the correct line here (initrd=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.18ctxsmp-12.img)

Rod

Thanks, that is my problem but it looks like it's a little deeper than that.
The Dell PE2500 I'm using has a SCSI card that uses the aacraid moduel that
is not in the ctx files. I have changed to redhat 7.3 so that I have a
2.4.18 kernel and would like to use the kernel patch but so far have been
unable to figure out how to patch the kernel. On another note, after
looking throug some past post I have seen alot about ext3 file system,
should I be using it? If not then what?

Darryl