Re: [vserver] Kernel help

From: Roderick A. Anderson (raanders_at_acm.org)
Date: Mon Jul 29 2002 - 14:46:34 EDT

On Mon, 29 Jul 2002, Darryl wrote:

> I have a copy of my lilo.conf below and I did run /sbin/lilo after making
> the changes. I ran rdev and got "/dev/sda5 /" so I think I have it set
> right in lilo. It will still boot the vmlinuz-2.4.7-10smp Kernel.

You need to mkinitrd and create an img file file since you're using SCSI.
Check the list archives since I seem to remember asking this same
question. I don't have the actual commands handy but I know it works
since I did it on a SCSI system.
   If you don't find it in the archives check out google. I found some
thing using 'mkinitrd example'.

> image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.18ctxsmp-12
> label=vserver

Then add the correct line here (initrd=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.18ctxsmp-12.img)

Cheers,
Rod