[vserver] MySQL

From: Lyn St George (lyn_at_zolotek.net)
Date: Mon Jul 29 2002 - 09:41:56 EDT

Hi all

Just started getting vservers up and running. Excellent
stuff, and most of it works extremely well.

MySQL is proving a problem though -
"Can't start server : Bind on unix socket: Permission denied"

This is despite setting different socket and port args, and
happens even if the main server's MySQL is stopped. I've
tried changing all the MySQL bin/ stuff to simple copies
instead of hard links, but the same error crops up no matter
what I do. I've RTFM closely and done everything suggested
there ...

I'm at my wit's end on this - does anyone have any
experience, insight, or words of wisdom on this one??

(please, before I hit the whiskey bottle ....)

-
Cheers
Lyn St George
+ http://www.zolotek.net .. eCommerce hosting, consulting