Re: [vserver] I can't SSH to the ip of the vserver sends me to the main server

From: James MacLean (macleajb_at_ednet.ns.ca)
Date: Thu Jul 18 2002 - 20:17:12 EDT

On the main server, make sure SSH is bound only to the main IP and not to
0.0.0.0:22 by looking at the output of "netstat -nap | grep sshd". If it
is binding to them all, look at /etc/init.d/v_sshd for a way to fix it, or
edit your sshd_config to only bind on that IP.

You can from the mainserver enter into the vserver with
"vserver <vserver name> enter" and see if "ps ax" shows any sshd running.
It (the vserver's sshd) will need to be restarted once the main server's
sshd is fixed.

Or if all that is annoying you can modify the sshd_config on the vserver
and have it bind to a port other and 22, like maybe 23 because telnet just
isn't as kewl :).

my $.02,
JES

--
James B. MacLean        macleajb_at_ednet.ns.ca
Department of Education