Re: [vserver] I can't SSH to the ip of the vserver sends me to the main server

From: Paul Sladen (vserver_at_paul.sladen.org)
Date: Thu Jul 18 2002 - 18:56:26 EDT

On Thu, 18 Jul 2002, Jason Silverglate wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Jul 2002, Jason Silverglate wrote:

Are you aware that you sent this twice?

> >I can't SSH to the ip of the vserver sends me to the main server. How
> >do I enable it so when i ssh to the ip of the vserver it sends me to the
> >vserver?

Read the docs/scripts about this script on the host box:

  /etc/{init,rc}.d/v_ssh

By default the SSH daemon on the main server is started first, and listens
on all IP addresses bound on the machine. It grab port 22 on all addresses
before the sshd in the vserver gets a chance. Either use the above script,
or use the `Listen' command in /etc/ssh/sshd_config to restrict it to only
listen on the host server's main IP address.

This does not affect the vservers as they are already restricted in which IP
addresses they can bind to.

HTH, HAND,
        -Paul

--