Re: [vserver] Vserver {Listen problem}

From: shuri_at_linuxfriends.wox.org
Date: Fri Jul 12 2002 - 11:49:47 EDT

> > Is it possible to use others ips without the listen argument for
> others
> > services for exemple; Eggdrops , Webmin , proftpd , SpyBnc etc...
>
> It's application-specific how you tell it to bind to a different
> ip/port;
> it also sounds like a waste of [precious] IP-space...
>
> If you post some more details, I, or somebody else maybe able to help
> further.
> -Paul
> --
> Nottingham, GB
OK for example Proftpd is an ftpserver,if i set it in a vserver on port 21 for
exemple it connot start beaucause the main server use the port 21 and
proftpd do not use listen argument if i set to other prt for exemple 221 in
vserver it connect to the MAIN SERVER i got to shutdow the ftp in the main
server for the vserver to reach. this is strange ...

Webmin is a controle panel for user,it run but i cannot connect from the
internet Wemin use 3argument
port=10001
host=IP
listen=10000
But is not working in a vserser

all eggdrop return an stramge error:NO SERVER WILL ACCEPT YOUR CONNECTION

is Like mulitiple IP in a vserver can only be use by apache or Software with
listen argument is the .conf
any idea for all IPS in a vserver to be use only by the vserver that own
thoses ips like a real server...

thx all for comments and sorry for my bad english