RE: [vserver] spamd running on vserver

From: John Lyons (support_at_nsnoc.com)
Date: Sat Jun 22 2002 - 10:11:42 EDT

> Anyone have spamd (Spamassassin 2.20) running on a vserver? I have it
> installed on a plain RHL 7.2 (2.4.2-2) system which works
> fine and on a
> vserver RHL 7.2 (2.4.18ctx-10) which reports connection
> denied for each
> call to spamc. Mostly identical firewall rules (one allows a
> few more
> services than the other).

I've installed several spam packages on a vserver but not got as far as
spamassassin.

I'm not sure why you've needed to use IPtables/chains to get spamassassin
running?

My only thoughts are that you've started spamassassin on the host server and
that's bound itself to all of the Ip addresses on the server thereby making
it impossible to start within a vs.

Regards

John Lyons
DomainCity
http://www.domaincity.co.uk
support_at_domaincity.co.uk
ICQ 74187012

Please quote your account number in the subject line of all emails.
Failure to do so may result in your enquiries taking longer to process.