[vserver] Possible bug on server status report

From: Peter Kwan Chan (peterkwanchan_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed May 22 2002 - 19:29:29 EDT

I have just encountered something really strange. I set up a test
vserver to test software compatibility, and I created it on top of an
rh72 reference server. After a few reboots/installation and so on, the
server would no longer start, and vserver-stat shows that it is not
running. Being a lazy person, I decided to just wipe it out and rebuild
a new testing environment, but when I did rm -rf /vservers/test, it gave
me permission denied and cannot unlink message. I know from my
experience that this means the server is still running (because its
complaining about /dev and /proc). I rebooted the main server, but the
error persists. I then did a vserver test stop (even though all tools
report that test isn't running), and then I am able to remove the
server. I suspect that somehow something isn't clean up properly, or
that the server is started, but not reported to be so.

I don't really have a problem on this; but I thought the developer may
want to be aware of this.

Peter