Re: [vserver] apache security / Cookbook Vservers / vserver system usage

From: Jon Bendtsen (jon+vserver_at_silicide.dk)
Date: Fri May 10 2002 - 03:51:58 EDT

John Lyons wrote:
> > I'd love to hear your experience. Incidentally, we are using the
> > http://www.3Ware.com IDE hardware RAID controllers for RAID 10 support on
> > our Linux boxes across 4 drives.
>
> I've got other customers in our rack using one of these. Very impressive.
> Quite tempted to use one on an nfs server for backups etc.

Oh yeah, i forgot to mention in my other post that i did some
comparisons
between a 3ware and regular software raid.
The performance is roughly the same, but do put the 3ware card in a real
chipset. I had half performance on a via chipset, and full performance
on
a serverworks. It didnt matter if i used the 32bit pci, or the full
64bit
potential of the 3ware card, possibly because i only have 4 disks.

JonB