re: [vserver] initrd option

From: Jacques Gelinas (jack_at_solucorp.qc.ca)
Date: Wed May 08 2002 - 15:00:42 EDT

On Tue, 7 May 2002 15:08:43 -0500, Roderick A. Anderson wrote
> I ran into a situation where I was required to make an initrd file for
> 18ctx-10 (system with SCSI drives.) It is working just fine now. My
> questions is is there any harm with creating and using an initrd for a
> system that does not need it to boot?

No. An initrd is a general purpose solution to do things very early during
the boot process. Loading scsi drivers is just one of those. For the xtermkit
project, we are creating an initrd which attempts to load network drivers
until one fits in place. So this creates a single boot strategy for many
different machine.

Jacques Gelinas <jack_at_solucorp.qc.ca>
vserver: run general purpose virtual servers on one box, full speed!
http://www.solucorp.qc.ca/miscprj/s_context.hc