RE: [vserver] debian tgz for vservers mirror

From: Dave Miller (quietbit_at_pacbell.net)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 11:47:28 EDT

Hello,

I've setup a mirror for the image:
http://vserver.allwebsites.com/mini-debian/

Now for my problems :)
I've been testing this as a possible web hosting vserver type setup for
my company. I am using debian vservers. But I'm having stability issues.
I start a vserver, then if I do anything remotely resource intensive,
I get a flow of ksymoops, then eventually a panic.

kernel 2.4.18 ctx-8, compiled and recompiled
0.14

I inittially thought it to be a hardware problem, but the same kernel runs
fine prior to the patch.

Are there any known errors that cause stability issues that I've overlooked?
I created the vserver by rsync'ing from another server then removing
conflicting
startup scripts.

Dave