Re: [vserver] debian tgz for vservers

From: Jon Bendtsen (jon+vserver_at_silicide.dk)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 11:03:04 EDT

Kevin Littlejohn wrote:

> I'll put it up at http://www.obsidian.com.au/vserver/ shortly (it claims
> it'll take 49 minutes to download). Can I ask, though (before looking
> at it), how you picked what goes in by default? Our servers, we started
> with debootstrap, and pruned from there.

I got started by just taking a copy of my /, a minimal potato with 2.4
support. After that i started removing packages, and for satisfying the
dependensies, i had to delete some files somewhere.
I got down to 100MB?? i dont remember, it's at home, but it's arround
there. I'm quote satisfied with the space. I even use different LVM
"partitions" for each vserver, because i dont need space THAT much.

JonB