Re: [vserver] Vserver and multi-IP

From: Cédric Veilleux (cedric_at_neopeak.com)
Date: Wed Apr 03 2002 - 13:10:12 EST

On April 3, 2002 05:04 am, Jon Bendtsen wrote:
> Okay, i get it now, i dont use ssl myself, and neither do we at work, so
> never tried it beyond the user end, buying stuff at the net.
> Can you start a vserver inside a vserver using a different ip than the
> original ??

I doubt it is possible. The whole idea of the chbind command is to prevent any
process under it to bind to any other IP's. Even if it would be possible, it
would not be a scalable solution. For exemple if I want to run apache with IP
based virtual hosts (for SSL or whatever else), it might require dozens of
IP's. It would be so easy with the multi-IP patch that isn't maintained
anymore. I think the author of this patch was named Christian.

Cedric