Re: [vserver] Vserver and multi-IP

From: Toni Mattila (tontsa_at_neutech.fi)
Date: Wed Apr 03 2002 - 04:37:44 EST

Hi,

> > It seems like there is not much interest for such feature and I really don't
> > understand why. I read the whole archive and found very few posts about it.
>
> Because one can easily circumvent it.
> Just make more vservers ;-0
> Besides, how many IP's are really needed. one has 65k ports to choose
> from.

One application is when you offer so called private servers to customers
who want to resell their private server for webhosting. And on webhosting
side you have this wonderful SSL-compilication.

So it's not quite out of this world to have on vserver with multiple IPs.
And NATing the thing is really horrible way to do it, plus you have to
explain the customer why is he using 172.16/16 addresses.

Regards,
Toni Mattila