RE: [vserver] Any known bug that would crash the server?

From: Jacques Gelinas (jack_at_solucorp.qc.ca)
Date: Wed Mar 27 2002 - 01:14:36 EST

On Tue, 26 Mar 2002 18:43:23 -0500, Peter Kwan Chan wrote
> I also realize that. I also know that running netstat would lock my
> particular server.
> Sorry if this is not vserver-unrelated. I would like to know what could
> trigger such a reaction in Linux when there is no active user. I don't
> normally touches netstat, and the server usually goes down only after at
> least a few hours. Is there any possibility that some processes could be
> using /proc/net/tcp periodically, thus causing the lock up? The virtual
> server is an FTP server with only a few connections, and my main server
> is a standard Redhat 7.1 install.

Note, I have withness 2.4.18ctx-9 crashing for other reasons as well. Can't
tell if this was related to /proc/net/tcp. For example, it locked while starting
the KDE desktop. I suggest you try 2.4.18ctx-8. Many people are running it
with success. The changes in 2.4.18ctx-9 only involve UDP broadcast, so affect
very few services,

Jacques Gelinas <jack_at_solucorp.qc.ca>
vserver: run general purpose virtual servers on one box, full speed!
http://www.solucorp.qc.ca/miscprj/s_context.hc