Re: [vserver] netstat in vserver kills machine

From: Martin Josefsson (gandalf_at_wlug.westbo.se)
Date: Sat Mar 23 2002 - 11:19:57 EST

On Sat, 23 Mar 2002, James MacLean wrote:

> On Sat, 23 Mar 2002, Martin Josefsson wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 23 Mar 2002, James MacLean wrote:
> > > I seem to remember it was an Ieee then the machine completely froze...
> > > Except for sysrq combos which confirmed the info reported :).
> > Ok thanks, one more thing, do you remember if numlock worked?
> > It sounds like an infinite loop in tcp_get_info :(
>
> That I can not remember, but since the first time it happened, another
> staff member rebooted it, I believe he would have tried numlock.
>
> I know I tried ctrl-alt-delete and it didn't do anything :).
>
> Also, we blew it up a few more times through the day. Once with netstat at
> ctx 0 (normal root user) and once we were not sure what caused it although
> we had started an IceCast server on its own vserver.

ctx8 which is the first version to include my netstat stuff has been very
stable here on my machine, nothing has crashed or anything, I've tried
running netstat in a loop and it's been working fine.

and another user said that ctx8 worked fine on his machine but ctx9
doesn't and ctx9 doesn't touch this stuff at all so I'd actually expect
ctx9 to work as well as ctx8 does.

/Martin

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.