[vserver] modular vunify pool

From: ragnar_at_this.is
Date: Sat Mar 09 2002 - 06:28:32 EST

Hi,

On Fri, 2002-03-08 at 13:01, Sam Vilain wrote:
> My script[1] is not tied to a distribution at all; it merely scans X
> (where X >= 2) directory structures, and where files are identical in
> the two structures, it hard links them

This sound great. But hard link them to where?
I think there should be a structure outside of the vservers.

If 25 ververs are running 2 or more distributions
we will have 2 or more "versions" of the bin "ftp"

To explain.
if the servers are in
/opt/vservers/servers/"ServerDirs"

and a unify "cache" :-) in
/opt/vservers/unify-pool/usr/bin/ftp/md5sum-filename-1
/opt/vservers/unify-pool/usr/bin/ftp/md5sum-filename-2

That way we could have a cron job do a massive
diff test of all files.

> and optionally sets immutable and immutable linkage
> invert inode attributes,

Could this be in a config file for each vserver?

Best
ragnar