Re: [vserver] mount -o ro --bind .. don't work

From: Martin Josefsson (gandalf_at_wlug.westbo.se)
Date: Tue Mar 05 2002 - 08:17:59 EST

On 5 Mar 2002, klavs klavsen wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> when I try to mount a directory under a vserver read-only it mounts
> fine, and the mount command tells me it's read-only. However as root in
> the vserver, I can edit and add files and directores just fine :-)
>
> Do any of you have experience with this? Or should I just forget about
> the mount --bind - and keep duplicate directories?

This is currently a limitation of the VFS in Linux. I began to start
fixing it but then I ran into some more serious problems that need a
smaller redesign of the VFS and I need to contact Al Viro for advice on
how he wants it done (I know he wants this fixed). Maybe I'll get around
to mail him soon. I hope so.

/Martin

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.