RE: vproc

From: Dave Cost (freevsd_at_comm.it)
Date: Wed Jan 23 2002 - 13:47:51 EST

> Will this be an extra ( filtering) layer on top of existing proc
> like umsdos on top of msdos?
>
> Coming to think of it, there are some non-pid /proc entries that
> may be useful to have
> inside vserver, e.g. /proc/net/tcp, /proc/net/udp etc.., used by netstat.
> It would be cool to filter these and only show connections
> related to this vserver.
>
> ifconfig is using ioctl not proc so it will reveal the network
> interface info
> which is not a big drama but would be nice to isolate that too.

Hmmm... shall we consider advantages over the size of the patch and
difficulties of maintaining it?

I'm not too much worried about users finding out they're on virtual server
and what other ip or processes the server has, but I'm definately worried if
the complexity of the patch makes it hard to follow the kernel development
in a timely fashion, or, worse, if it introduces bugs because of things we
didn't expect.

Dave.