re: fork failed: Resource temporarily unavailable

From: Jacques Gelinas (jack_at_solucorp.qc.ca)
Date: Wed Jan 09 2002 - 14:46:53 EST

On Wed, 9 Jan 2002 13:55:35 -0500, Guillaume Bourque wrote
> Hi all,
>
> After creating, starting and running a unify vserver I change the
> vserver:XX root passwd from within the vserser. And now I can't ssh in
> tha vserver anymore, I get this message from any ssh client : "fork
> failed: Resource temporarily unavailable".
>
> I have another unify vserver which I still can ssh in !?
>
> I have rebooted the vserver, and everything in the vserver seem fine,
> but the fork message still comes up,
>
> Any idea ?

What do you have in your configuration file. A vserver may be limited process
wise. the default is 1000 process per vserver. Check the ulimit line in
the /etc/vservers/xx.conf configurationf ile.

Jacques Gelinas <jack_at_solucorp.qc.ca>
vserver: run general purpose virtual servers on one box, full speed!
http://www.solucorp.qc.ca/miscprj/s_context.hc