help with understanding VS use

From: Gil Vidals (gilvidals_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jan 05 2002 - 13:27:17 EST

Hi,

I've read the documentation for VServer and I need help in
understanding the "best" way to set up 250 virtual servers on
one linux box.

I know I can have one httpd daemon per vserver and launch them
like so:

 apache/httpd -d /vserver/one/httpd.conf
 apache/httpd -d /vserver/two/httpd.conf
 etc...

OR I can also have one httpd.conf file for all the VServers like
so:

 <VirtualHost 111.111.111.111>
    /vserver/one/stuff
 </VirtualHost>

 <VirtualHost 222.222.222.222>
    /vserver/two/stuff
 </VirtualHost>

In this second scenario, it won't be possible for each VServer
owner to manage their own private httpd.conf file, but the
advantage seems to be that there is only one httpd daemon
running instead of 250.

I would appreciate any comments or clarifications on the "best"
way to set up 250 VServers on one box.

Gil_at_Vidals.net