RE: chbind problems

From: John Lyons (support_at_nsnoc.com)
Date: Sun Dec 30 2001 - 08:27:56 EST

It's not exactly a problem, rather a known 'feature'

The v_sshd, v_httpd scripts in /etc/init.d are there to allow you to start
sshd on the main server and automatically restrict the IP addresses that it
listens to.

There's some documentation in the examples section on the vserver site
explaining the commands needed to start a serice and bind it to an ip
address rather than 0.0.0.0

Regards

John Lyons
DomainCity
http://www.domaincity.co.uk
support_at_domaincity.co.uk
ICQ 74187012

Please quote your account number in the subject line of all emails.
Failure to do so may result in your enquiries taking longer to process.

s4=3&prjstate=1&nodoc=0
you ask,

Is this really a problem ?
I think within this context it is one.

Just another question: To start services in runlevel 5 I just tried:
vserver 01 enter
init 5
but I got : init: No such process
What would be the right way to solve that problem.

Thanks for an answer
Norbert