Re: Network access from within a vserver

From: Patrick LeBoutillier (patrick_leboutillier_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 26 2001 - 21:21:12 EST

John,

I think this is due to the fact that the vservers, by default, are started
with limited capabilities. This means that even if you are
root there are certain things that you can't do within a vserver.

The ping command requires a capability that is removed by default
(something to do with opening raw sockets). I think the "vserver" command
has some options to define which capabilities are removed/given from the
vserver when you start it.

Cheers,

Patrick