Re: vserver 0.7 change log

From: Jurgen Botz (jurgen_at_botz.org)
Date: Wed Nov 28 2001 - 14:15:08 EST

Jacques Gelinas wrote:
> vserver 0.7

I'd just like to say that I think vserver is a really great idea
and nice execution. The most beautiful thing about it is its relative
simplicity... vserver gives us a lot of security bang for very little
code complexity buck. This is a very good thing!

I've been playing with UML, which I think is great also, but as a tool
for security isolation of services vserver can't be beat... simplicity
always has to win out there.

I think we should move quickly on getting some or all of vserver into
the mainline kernel. If Jacques feels that it's too early get the
whole thing in we might start with the immutable file/link split as
this has applications beyond vserver.

:j

--
Jürgen Botz                       | While differing widely in the various
jurgen_at_botz.org                   | little bits we know, in our infinite