Re: immutable flag

From: Jurgen Botz (jurgen_at_botz.org)
Date: Sat Nov 24 2001 - 13:28:21 EST

Sam Vilain wrote:
> > Also, is there any plan to use reiserfs with this flag?
>
> I'd love to, it's my FS of choice. But have you noticed this on reiserfs:
>
> hoffman:/root# chattr +i /etc/hosts
> chattr: Inappropriate ioctl for device while reading flags on /etc/hosts

There is a patch which is slated for inclusion in a near-future official
kernel that adds support for immutable & noatime flags, as well as the
support needed to add other flags in the future. See the patches at

  ftp://ftp.namesys.com/pub/reiserfs-for-2.4/2.4.15-pre7.pending/

The relevant patch is 'N'. The README in that directory has details.

:j

--
Jürgen Botz                       | While differing widely in the various
jurgen_at_botz.org                   | little bits we know, in our infinite