Re: vserver 0.5 change log

From: Rik van Riel (riel_at_conectiva.com.br)
Date: Tue Oct 23 2001 - 15:32:11 EDT

On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, Jacques Gelinas wrote:

> + sched
>
> This changes the way priority is calculated for processes in a
> vserver. The priority is kind of aglomerated. A vserver running 50
> active processes will have a same impact on the server as if it was
> running a single process (roughly).

Arghhhhh, this changes the scheduler's _fast path_, not fun.

Should I port my fairsched patch to a newer 2.4 kernel and
add vserver support for it ? My approach only changes the
priority recalculation in the scheduler and achieves pretty
much the same effect _without_ needing to change goodness().

regards,

Rik

--
DMCA, SSSCA, W3C?  Who cares?  http://thefreeworld.net/  (volunteers needed)